Re: Otrcat.com and The Rotary Golden Theater

  • Fred Bertelsen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2007
      If this series is copyright, should it be on archive.org where any dealer or whoever can grab it and run? I didn't think archive.org permitted copyright materials to be posted.

      Fred

      Saving the past for the future.
      Fans of Oldtime Radio Please check out the OTR Researchers Group website at

      Also for great OTR chat be sure to visit www.RadioOutOfThePast.org on Thursday evenings at 8:00pm Eastern.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2007
        --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, Fred Bertelsen <frdbertelsen@...>
        wrote:

        > If this series is copyright, should it be on archive.org where any
        dealer or whoever can grab it and run? I didn't think archive.org
        permitted copyright materials to be posted.

        > Fred
        >
        > Fred,
        You may be right in one sense of the word, but Rotary International
        gave us permission to freely distribute the series, as long as we
        made no charge for it.

        We will never be able to keep the unscrupolous?? mp3 dealers from
        stealing other peoples work in order to make a quick buck, but
        dishonesty and stealing will have their own rewards.

        We just need to make sure that everyhing we do has our documents with
        it, and try to get it into the hands of every other distro group we
        can find, with the privso that they distribute it 'as is'.
        Eventually people will find out that they can get for free what
        they've been paying for. Who in their right minds would pay $25.00
        for Richard Diamond, if they knew they could get it for free.

        I guess that I've caused Jon at otrcat.com enough headaches that he's
        banned me from his site, as he has several others who've rasied a
        stink about his practices. Doesn't he realize that I have hundreds
        of other people who will monitor his site? :->.
        jimb
      • webdj777
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2007
          This is where the mmwwuwuwhuahahahahahahaha <evil laugh> fits
          perfectly :-D.

          David Schwegler
          <IXOYE>-<

          --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Beshires" <beshiresjim@...>