Cassette Conversion Projects in Jeoparday

  • dedeweedy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2007
      Hello folks,
      Many of you are probably aware that we have a cassette project that has been ongoing in the main Researchers group.  These cassettes are converted into WAV files and sent to our library.  Ed Sehlhorst has been in charge of it for a long time.
      The group needs someone to take a turn at managing the future Great Cassette Projects. Ed has served his time and is also covered up with other obligations.  If you are already a member of the main group, no problem. If you are not, still no problem.  This is a good opportunity for someone with the knowledge of how to convert these cassettes to get a foot in our main group's door and volunteer at the same time.

      There is only one critical requirement. 1. live in the US to take advantage of lower postage rates using media mail.

      It would be convenient to live near a post office, but Ed's been able to make out OK since he had to quit driving. The rest is easy and there's no cost to the manager. The job is basically lining up volunteers, mailing out the cassettes to be encoded, receiving the WAV files, batch converting them to mp3's and sending them to the distro
      group. Done...

      The ideal plan would be to get a new project manager for each cassette project to spread the work around the group. Ed reports that he's never had a problem finding volunteers to help with the encoding tasks. Sometimes there have even been too many.

      Let Ed know if you would be willing to manage the next cassette project.
      ed.sehlhorst@...

      Thanks
      Dee for Ed Sehlhorst