Search Option

  • Johnathan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 26, 2006
      I went back to version 674 from ver 691 and the search option still
      doesn't work. Any ideas anybody? Thanks in advance.
    • Ben Kibler
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 26, 2006
        Hi there,

        How about a little more info?

        Router ??

        Active or Passive ??

        Ben K

      • Johnathan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 28, 2006
          --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, Ben Kibler <ben_kibler48309@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi there,
          >
          > How about a little more info?
          >
          > Router ??
          >
          > Active or Passive ??
          >
          > Ben K
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get
          things done faster.

          Yes, I am in active mode, and use the manual port forwarding on a
          gaeteway 2700hg-e router. I have re-done the definitions for the
          manual port forwarding and checked Norton Firewall ect. When the
          search option last worked I was using a d-link router and version
          674. When I went to version 691 it stopped working. I then changed
          routers and it still didn't work. I then went back to 674 thinking
          that would be able to communicate better for the search option and
          it didn't work. Perhaps it's the router because 674 used to be able
          to search on my old router.
        • Ben Kibler
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 28, 2006
            Are you able to see my files on any of the hubs ???

            My username is "ben48309" on the following hubs:

            otrhub.no-ip.org = OTRHub
            otrr.dyndns.org = Researchers
            philsplace2.dyndns.org:4554 - PhilsPlace

            If you can see them, I will share 4 files with you that will tell you exactly how to get to 'ACTIVE' status thru a router.

            Let me know.

            Ben Kibler

          • Johnathan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2006
              wrote:

              > Are you able to see my files on any of the hubs ???
              >
              > My username is "ben48309" on the following hubs:
              >
              > otrhub.no-ip.org = OTRHub
              > otrr.dyndns.org = Researchers
              > philsplace2.dyndns.org:4554 - PhilsPlace
              >
              > If you can see them, I will share 4 files with you that will
              tell you exactly how to get to 'ACTIVE' status thru a router.

              > Let me know.
              >
              > Ben Kibler
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              > Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call
              rates.

              Yes, I can see your files on the (otrr.dyndns.org) hub, I have an
              active connection through my router, it's just the search option
              won't work ever since I used version 691 of DC++. Other than the
              search not working I get great speed and can download from anybody
              as I said before my connection is Active. Thanks for your time,
              Johnathan Any ideas are appreciated.
            • webdj777@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 30, 2006
                wrote:

                > Are you able to see
                my files on any of the hubs ???

                > My username is "ben48309" on
                the following hubs:

                > otrhub.no-ip. org = OTRHub

                otrr.dyndns. org = Researchers
                > philsplace2. dyndns.org: 4554
                - PhilsPlace

                > If you can see them, I will share 4 files with you
                that will
                tell you exactly how to get to 'ACTIVE' status thru a router.

                > Let me know.
                >
                > Ben Kibler
                >

                > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                > Cheap
                Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call
                rates.

                Yes, I can see your files on the (otrr.dyndns. org) hub, I have an
                active connection through my router, it's just the search option
                won't work ever since I used version 691 of DC++. Other than the
                search not working I get great speed and can download from anybody
                as I said before my connection is Active. Thanks for your time,
                Johnathan Any ideas are appreciated.

                Hi Jonathan,

                It sounds like you have a known issue described in the DC++ help files. Go to the Frequently Asked Questions section of the help files and select the "Why Don't I Get Any Search Results?" listing. I had this trouble when I changed my router, but the solution is described in detail in that help listing.

                Hope that helps.

                David Schwegler
                <IXOYE>-<