Re: [OTR-Project] CBC/Legal Issues

  • Atoning 2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
      My initial thought is... what do they hope to accomplish by having you turn over all your copies?? How silly. Cease and desist I can understand. My advice to you is to take down any mention of CBC and BBC shows as well as The Shadow and CBS RMT. These are all well known to be "come after me" shows.

      Johnathan <johnmarilyn@...> wrote:
      I was sent a cease and desist order by the CBC and unless I turn over
      all copies of nero wolfe, nightfall, and vanishing point, and my books
      showing how much I've made from these shows they will proceed with
      legal action against my website www3.telus.net/ bensoldtimeradio
      They do not know yet who I am or what groups I belong to as my ISP
      will not help them without a proper court order. I have never sold any
      protected stuff, it shows in my Library, but my catalogue has all
      stuff that is not yet 50 years old blacked out. I have never sold any
      shows they mention, but could have put a few up for listening on my
      site, but only to listen to and not for sale. They think that because
      I list it in the Library section of the website I must sell it, but in
      my catalogue I send out they are deleted. They have not asked to see
      my catalogue, as if they did they would see their intended action
      is "moot." I also have no copies of the said shows on CD. Any
      thoughts? Regards

      Fans of OTR = Please check out the OTR
      Researchers Group website at www.otterprojectonline.info

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • sirghoul@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
        Seems to me they have to prove you actually sold the series they claim ownership of.

        Sounds like the best bet would be to turn your books over to a lawyer, and let him act on your behalf.

        John.

        On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:49:42 +0000, you wrote:

        >I was sent a cease and desist order by the CBC and unless I turn over
        >all copies of nero wolfe, nightfall, and vanishing point, and my books
        >showing how much I've made from these shows they will proceed with
        >legal action against my website www3.telus.net/bensoldtimeradio
        >They do not know yet who I am or what groups I belong to as my ISP
        >will not help them without a proper court order. I have never sold any
        >protected stuff, it shows in my Library, but my catalogue has all
        >stuff that is not yet 50 years old blacked out. I have never sold any
        >shows they mention, but could have put a few up for listening on my
        >site, but only to listen to and not for sale. They think that because
        >I list it in the Library section of the website I must sell it, but in
        >my catalogue I send out they are deleted. They have not asked to see
        >my catalogue, as if they did they would see their intended action
        >is "moot." I also have no copies of the said shows on CD. Any
        >thoughts? Regards
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        OldTimeRadioResearchersGroup@yahoogroups.com

        Where the best in OTR is collected for the future.
      • oldtimeradio
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
          I noticed alien worlds in your library page Might want to remove that as i
          was contacted with a similar order on my web page that host the shows in
          streaming format.