Re: Episode Numbers

  • webdj777
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
      I agree with Jim B -- I think we should do 1 - end of series.

      As I see it, the major benefit of dating by season is that if one
      number changes, you only have to fix all the rest of the dates in
      that one season, rather than all of the dates in the rest of the
      entire series.

      However, repeating numbers each season makes them a whole lot less
      useful. Repeating each season, you can't say "episode 21" you have
      to say "season x episode 21". Also, going by season opens up
      questions like "in what season are repeat broadcasts classified?",
      etc. Going start to finish in a series, you only have to say episode
      21, and everyone knows what you are talking about.

      As far as what Fred says, I like his convention and argument, but
      you would still have to know all the dates in the season even in his
      convention, so I don't think the amount you gain is is enough to go
      that route. After all, most numbering problems that I have seen
      occur either because of confusion as to when the first broadcast in
      a season was, or as to if/when shows were preempted.

      I still have to vote for 1 - end of series.

      David Schwegler
      <IXOYE>-<

      --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Beshires"