Hello from Richard - My Introduction & Bio

  • Richard Cline
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6 8:39 PM
      Hello Group,

      I apologize for being tardy in posting this introduction bio and
      meeting the group.

      A little about me; I'm new to collecting OTR. I previously was a
      member of the OTRonMP3 Distro group which was moderated by Harvey
      Markfield. I recognize a lot of the old members that I knew
      and "HELLO" to all of you. As a new member and wanting to help other
      new members in sharing OTR in the past group, I was instrumental in
      setting up the initial group library where new members could obtain
      previous distro's that the group had completed. My job requirements
      changed and I could not keep up with burning library copies and
      running the library so I kind of dropped out of the groups and their
      activities. I turned over most of what I had collected to Mike
      Flemming and Linda in Sacramento so they could keep the idea of the
      library going, so I'm starting over in beginning my collection.

      I began collecting OTR and was initially attracted to the "Masters of
      Comedy" such as Burns & Allen, Jack Benny and others and as I began
      collecting, it was all great. I tried to obtain all genres with
      emphasis on the "Hard to Find" later branching out to BBC and
      Australian material.
      My last project was trying to find the "3 – missing episodes" of
      the "My Favorite Husband" series from Lucille Ball on the Radio to
      offer to the group as a distro.

      Of all of the thousands of radio programs, I would have to say that
      my "all time favorite" is "LUX Radio Presents". It had a multitude of
      the stars of radio many of whom when on to further their careers in
      my era of the television. This series is an absolute must for every
      collector of OTR (wish I had my set, but I gave it away).

      I'm currently working with my new XP system (still to learn) and
      expensive software to capture my VHS collection and movie rentals on
      DVD. I am thankful that I was accepted to the group and hope to make
      some small contribution with my participation. Listen to the
      Christmas airing of "Gift of The Magi" by Lorne Green and you will
      hear the message of giving.

      From my experience, I have discovered a great program that is
      inexpensive, basic and functional. I would encourage all to buy
      this "no-nonsense", "no frills", basic sound recorder. Whether it be
      capturing a streaming OTR airing, personal music, TV recordings or
      anything you desire. If it passes through your computer sound card,
      you can record it to digital media in various formats. The program
      that I speak of is called "Total Recorder" by High Criteria. It is
      available at http://www.highcriteria.com/. Total Recorder Standard
      Edition costs just $11.95 (USD). Most other recording packages cost
      more and deliver less. Additionally, all new program updates are
      available to purchasers at no cost!
      Check it out. It will be one program with constant free updates that
      you will want and use.

      Looking forward to participating in the group. – Richard Cline aka
      lionking52otr
    • jwc0045211
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8 8:40 AM
        Welcome to the group Richard! I hope you enjoy yourself.