Cisco Kid question

  • Andrew Steinberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
      What is the source of the dates in Cisco Kid for the 1958 period? Many
      (or all) of these shows were released by Radio Archives with a 1953
      date. See http://www.radioarchives.org/sets/PC40.htm

      Many of these star Harry Lang who died Aug 3rd, 1953. See
      http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0485764/

      Also, Radio Crime Fighters by Jim Cox and The Encyclopedia of Old-Time
      Radio by John Dunning say the show stopped airing in 1956.

      While this is not proof that the shows are from 1953, what is the
      evidence on the other side that the shows were broadcast in 1958?
    • jim
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
        Andrew
        It was probably me who last update to Cisco Kid. This was done
        before we had the newspaper research. Here is the foot note that
        would have gone with it (if we could footnote OTTER)

        "The following table IS NOT the original broadcast dates for this
        SYNDICATED show. The original run was broadcast from 1947 – 1956.
        Dates for the first run no longer exist.
        The dates from this distribution are being used to help establish a
        sequential episode numbering order."

        Even with the newspaper research, ORIGINAL playdates for syndicated
        shows are often difficult and sometimes impossible to uncover. I
        have about two more weeks on a museum project I am working on. When
        that is done I will be jump back into OTR and be glad to research
        CK. Hopefully we can find the original playdates and even some
        titles.

        In the meantime, maybe BenK, (since his golf game has gone south)
        seems to have a bunch of spare time, would not mind doing a
        preliminary research.

        Again, these dates were a syndicated run used to establish a
        sequence numbering, not original playdates.

        jj

        --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Steinberg"