RE: [OTR-Project] Digest Number 735

  • Jay Policow
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
      The third step in "Install". I find that if I Update Attributes, Remember
      File Locations, when I come back later it hasn't remembered that stuff
      unless I also run Install. Then all is fine.

      Jay

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:20:42 -0500
      From: "David Johnson" <dwjohnson@...>
      Subject: Thanks to Jim

      What is the 3rd step?? I know about the first 2.. also when one has a bunch
      of offline media cataloged, how can you compare this to new items? I need
      to get rid of dupes

      I gave up on using OTTER for the Fibber and Molly series as so much of the
      database was missing information. This has got to be one of the most
      frustrating series out there.. That and there was so many spinoff programs
      i.e. Gildersleeves .. Amos and Andy series is also another long running
      series that is poorly maintained in the otter database.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2006
        Jay Policow <jaypolicow@...> wrote:
        The third step in "Install". I find that if I Update Attributes, Remember
        File Locations, when I come back later it hasn't remembered that stuff
        unless I also run Install. Then all is fine.

        Is it necessary to perform the first two steps?  When you Install, there are check boxes for Update and Remember File Location.  Can everything be done while Installing?