Wanted - Some Volunteers

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi All,

      We are in need of a few volunteers with some special requirements.

      1. Must be able to encode a few tapes a month.
      2. Must have a library card.
      3. Your library must participate in the WorldCat.

      Well, you say, I qualify in the first two, but what in the world is
      a WorldCat?

      The WorldCat(alogue) is a national database that catalogs all audio
      (in our case) holdings of its member libraries. Those audio
      recordings may be borrowed by any other member library. Many
      libraries accross the country hold significant numbers of old time
      radio recordings on cassette that are not available anywhere but
      there.

      What we need are some volunteers who meet the three requirements and
      are willing to help the group acquire otherwise not available
      materials.

      Clorinda Thompson, our missing episodes moderator, has already
      identifed much of this material. So all the volunteer will have to
      do is make a request thru his/her libary and encode this.

      If you think you'd be able to do some small amounts of encoding,
      please contact Clorinda at cthompsonhsd@.... She will get
      you rolling.
    • James Black
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
        I would love to. I will check with my library and let you know..

        James

[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        Visit your group "OTR-Project" on the web.

      • James Black
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
          I am, I am. What can I get to start.

          James

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
            James,
            I need your email address.
            Clorinda

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
              James.black@...

              James
              Visit your group "OTR-Project" on the web.