RE: Last Nights Voice Conference

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2006
      Hi All,

      Last nights voice conference was a resounding success with several new
      people attending. Discussion was far reaching and beneficial. You can
      get both a text and audio copy from me in my share on the hub. It's in
      the 'Researchers Odd Files' Folder.
      Much discussion centered on the Jan Issue of 'Old Times Radio' which is
      due to be published on the 18. It's going to be bigger and better than
      the last issue and articles are already starting to come in for the
      March issue!
      Researchers is moving on up!
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2006
        Hi All,

        We had a good meeting last night - with a good number in attendance.
        Discussed were -

        1. We've recently purchased 500 cassettes. Ed S will shortly be
        starting up another Great Cassette Project. This purchase is in
        addition to a large purchase of Aunt Mary, Eternal Light, and a 175
        cassette collection of Country Music Shows.
        2. Jim Jones is working on a new web site for the group in
        connection with a web design class that he is taking. You can get a
        glimpse of what the new home page will look like by going to

        http://www.jjonz.us/otrr04/index02.htm

        If you have comments, suggestions, Jim would love to have them.

        3. We have a large number of series back-logged for certification.
        Most are already done, it's just a matter of getting them through the
        final stages. Hopefully we will be releasing Fort Laramie, Theater
        Five, 21st Precinct, Calling All Cars, Mr President and a couple more
        in the upcoming weeks.
        4. We are starting a new project. If you have back issues of any
        old time radio magazines, serial magazines, nostalgia or any of the
        magazines that was printed during the golden age of radio, we'd love
        to have them for the archives. If you don't want to part with them
        and have a scanner hooked to your computer, could you scan them in as
        pdf files? That way more people could have access to them instead of
        just a few dozen paper copies wasting away somewhere. Thanks to Dr
        Joe Webb for suggesting this and sending me a large number of issues
        he had on hand, including a near complete run of at least one. Ryan
        Ellet also has a large number that will eventually be scanned into
        pdf files. I've already started scanning in Dr Joes contribution and
        they will be made available on the website for everyone to enjoy! E-
        mail me if you either have 'zines you want to contribut or you can
        make scans of ones you have and don't want to part with.
        5. The Old Radio Times will be celebrating it's first birthday in
        December and would like to have brief bios of YOU!!
        6. I can't remember anything else so maybe someone who was in
        attendance can fill in the blanks!