Dangerous Assignment discrepancy?

  • Peter MacDonald
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
      I have two episodes of Dangerous Assignment, both dated 50-04-24 and
      titled "The Nazi and the Physicist (1)" and "The Nazi and the
      Physicist (2)". (1) takes place in Greece while (2) takes place in
      France. The beginnings of each episode are completely different. Has
      anyone else noticed this discrepancy? Could one of these episodes be
      misdated and/or mistitled?

      Peter
    • David Oxford
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
        Peter

        I believe the date 500424 and the title The Nazi And The Physicist is correct for your first program. The program is set in Alaska.

         Radiogoldindex lists:

        6894. Dangerous Assignment. April 24, 1950. NBC net. Sponsored by: Ford. Steve Mitchell is off to Alaska to track down a nuclear physicist and an ex-Nazi. The program may be dated April 20, 1950. Brian Donlevy, Herb Butterfield, Robert Ryf (writer), Bruce Ashley (music), Bill Cairn (director). 29:47. Audio condition: Very good. Complete.

        There is a special announcement in the last minutes of the show stating the next show is Wednesday May 3rd.

        Could you give the first line or two for your second show?

        David Oxford

        On Jan 2, 2006, at 8:05 PM, Peter MacDonald wrote:

        I have two episodes of Dangerous Assignment, both dated 50-04-24 and
        titled "The Nazi and the Physicist (1)" and "The Nazi and the
        Physicist (2)".  (1) takes place in Greece while (2) takes place in
        France.  The beginnings of each episode are completely different.  Has
        anyone else noticed this discrepancy?  Could one of these episodes be
        misdated and/or mistitled?

        Peter

        Over 1 billion served! The most music videos on the web.
        Click to Watch now!

      • Ben Kibler
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
          Please listen to ending of the programs.

          The correct one has a special announcement after story conclusion that next broadcast will be on May 3rd.

          BenK