Help!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2004
      Help!

      I have deleted Lux Radio Theater both from my copy of Otter and the
      on-line data-base, messing around with them. Can someone post the
      Lux Radio Theater text file from their Otter back up here so I can
      download it. I was trying to get rid of duplicate entries in it@!
      Jim B
    • Douglass Keeslar
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28 11:26 PM

        Jim,
        A question for you.  I just got a set of 18 episodes of a series called Eyes Aloft.
        It shows up in the database as a series with 61 existent episodes. By a curious
        coincidence the only ones of these 61 that have episode names are the same 18 episodes
        in the collection that I have. Is my suspicion that the reason none of the other
        episodes are assigned names is because no one has ever heard these episodes, at least
        in MP3.  The large number of series that I am amassing for distribution pretty soon
        have a notation of either c+ for complete and conforming to the OTRR database or c unk
        which means believed complete but varying in some way from that base, usually because
        there are more episodes present than are known to the database. I am so tempted to assign
        the c unk to this series calling it complete in the absence of proof to the contrary.
        Does this seem reasonable to you. Is there any way to know whether these un-named and therefore
        believed spurious episodes do in fact exist?

        Also, I have been getting quite a few series of supposed doubles which follow this pattern.

        Singles And Doubles Show Collection, The - Jerry Dean, Boy Trooper - Case Of The Smuggled Drugs (2) (47/02/12)
        Singles And Doubles Show Collection, The - Jerry Dean, Boy Trooper - Case Of The Smuggled Drugs (xx/xx/xx)

        Since the second episode is less specific than the first and contains all of the same
        information, is there any reason to suppose that this represents 2 episodes rather than
        the 1 that I have and would like to believe and call complete?

        Also
        So far and I have just about finished what I can do, I have collected.

        515  Domestic and Unknown Sourced Singles
        067  Singles with Text (Mostly BBC)
        080  Singles Acknowledged to be BBC
        114  Domestic and Unknown Sourced Singles
        022  BBC Doubles
        ____________________________
        934  Total singles and Doubles

        If there were a one to one correspondence between  this collection and the 1528 that appear
        in the database, it would mean that I am missing 594 single and double episodes but it is
        much much worse than that because I have a bunch that you don't even if you discount the
        many episodes from the BBC that are unconsidered or classified by others as part of "The morning,
        afternoon, evening or midinight dramas.

        I will be passing you the whole works that I have soon, annotated as to whether they are contained
        in the database or not.  I would very much like to get my hands on discs or streams of what
        you have if such a thing is possible so as to cut down on the duplication of effort.
        Is that possible?

        Best,
        Doug Keeslar
        dfinagle

        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2006

          --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Douglass Keeslar" <dfinagle@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > in the database, it would mean that I am missing 594 single and double episodes but it is
          > much much worse than that because I have a bunch that you don't even if you discount the
          > many episodes from the BBC that are unconsidered or classified by others as part of "The morning,
          > afternoon, evening or midinight dramas.
          >
          > I will be passing you the whole works that I have soon, annotated as to whether they are contained
          > in the database or not. I would very much like to get my hands on discs or streams of what
          > you have if such a thing is possible so as to cut down on the duplication of effort.
          > Is that possible?( I can send you copies of what I have if you want them.  However, I'm in the process of updating and correcting the series.  If you want to wait a few weeks, things will be in better condition.)

          JImb

        • Douglass Keeslar
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2006
            ( I can send you copies of what I have if you want them.  However, I'm in the process of updating and correcting the series.  If you want to wait a few weeks, things will be in better condition.)

                I am planning a big distribution to the OTR-TNT crowd in about a month or a month and a half. I would like to be able to sort before that time. By now, I am used to dealing with chaos and receiving a mess would not unduly distress me. If it would be cheaper or more convenient, I can wait, but as a collector yourself and probably as anal as me, you can understand my eager anticipation.  As I say, I have a bunch that appear to be different from what you have though they may just be differences of labeling.  Since you say that you are in process of putting the "master collection" in order soonest, I will beam you what I have of Singles and Doubles. If we are both systematizing alphabetically, the redundancy may serve to help point out dupes and discrepancies.
                Thanks.
                Best,
                Doug Keeslar
> [...]
            > in the database, it would mean that I am missing 594 single and double episodes but it is
            > much much worsethan that because I have a bunch that you don't even if you discount the
            > many episodes from the BBC that are unconsidered or classified by others as part of "The morning,
            > afternoon, evening or midinight dramas.
            >
            > I will be passing you the whole works that I have soon, annotated as to whether they are contained
            > in the database or not. I would very much like to get my hands on discs or streams of what
            > you have if such a thing is possible so as to cut down on the duplication of effort.
            > Is that possible?( I can send you copies of what I have if you want them.  However, I'm in the process of updating and correcting the series.  If you want to wait a few weeks, things will be in better condition.)

            JImb

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.