RE: Last Nights Voice Conference

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30 9:12 AM
      Hi All!

      The mp3 audio and also text file should now be available from the hub
      library. We had an excellent turnout with some vigorous discussions
      about the possibility of the new venture, as well as other items of
      interest.

      I also have the files on Streamload for anyone who wants them.

      One important announcement was that one of our members, who wishes to
      remain anonymous had donated 150 reel-to-reels to the group. They
      have
      been shipped to Mark McClure, who has graciously agreed to encode
      them.
      We really appreciate this generous donation.

      We also discussed the 2500 cassette donation to our group that
      is 'stuck' currently in Boston. The member holding them travels much
      of
      the time and cannot, at this time, package and ship them. I'll find
      an
      exact street/town location, and if we have any other members who
      would
      be willing to take on the task of packing and shipping, please let me
      know off-list. We do want to get started on this project.
      jimb
    • Ernie Cosgrove
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30 9:25 AM
        Howdy Jim,
        Could you beam me a copy of the voice conference,
        please?

        Cheers,
        Ernie
        --- Jim Beshires <beshiresjim@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
[...]

        Old
        time radio Id3 tag
        Old

        Terms of Service.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Ron Schalow
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
          Hello Jim:

          I also have some reel-to-reels I'd like to donate. I
          have maybe two dozen or so. I don't think these will
          break any new ground, but I do not have a reel-to-reel
          player so I've never heard them.

          Would Mark be interested in these as well? Let me
          know and I'll get these shipped out right away.

          Ron Schalow

          --- Jim Beshires <beshiresjim@...> wrote:

          > Hi All!
          >
          > The mp3 audio and also text file should now be
          > available from the hub
          > library. We had an excellent turnout with some
          > vigorous discussions
          > about the possibility of the new venture, as well as
          > other items of
          > interest.
          >
          > I also have the files on Streamload for anyone who
          > wants them.
          >
          > One important announcement was that one of our
          > members, who wishes to
          > remain anonymous had donated 150 reel-to-reels to
          > the group. They
          > have
          > been shipped to Mark McClure, who has graciously
          > agreed to encode
          > them.
          > We really appreciate this generous donation.
          >
          > We also discussed the 2500 cassette donation to our
          > group that
          > is 'stuck' currently in Boston. The member holding
          > them travels much
          > of
          > the time and cannot, at this time, package and ship
          > them. I'll find
          > an
          > exact street/town location, and if we have any other
          > members who
          > would
          > be willing to take on the task of packing and
          > shipping, please let me
          > know off-list. We do want to get started on this
          > project.
          > jimb

          **********************************
          Old-Time Radio fans, check out the
          OTR Researchers Group Forum at
          http://www.otterprojectonline.info
          **********************************

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
            --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, Ron Schalow <rschalow@y...> wrote:
            > Hello Jim:
            >
            > I also have some reel-to-reels I'd like to donate.

            Hey Ron!

            Thanks for this generous gesture! We most certainly would like to have
            them, and Mark McClure is your guy. He's preparing to receive
            donations by building shelves to house them on.

            Here is how we handle these donations. If the contents are not already
            done, Mark prepares an inventory of what's on each reel and enters it
            into a master database. If it is something entirely new, it is encoded
            as soon as possible, but may be a while as he has many, many reels he's
            working on. Stuff that is on reels that may already be in circulation
            is placed on a 'stand-by' status. If it is determined that it might be
            better than currently in circulation, it will be encoded on a 'as time
            permits' basis, but if something in circulation is better, then it is
            not encoded. We want to concentrate on getting new and better into
            circulation.

            Person donating reels always receives a nice mp3 encode of their
            donation and the whole community benefits because of their generosity.

            Thanks again for this donation!
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2006
              Hi All,

              Last nights voice conference was a resounding success with several new
              people attending. Discussion was far reaching and beneficial. You can
              get both a text and audio copy from me in my share on the hub. It's in
              the 'Researchers Odd Files' Folder.
              Much discussion centered on the Jan Issue of 'Old Times Radio' which is
              due to be published on the 18. It's going to be bigger and better than
              the last issue and articles are already starting to come in for the
              March issue!
              Researchers is moving on up!
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 10, 2006
                Hi All,

                We had a good meeting last night - with a good number in attendance.
                Discussed were -

                1. We've recently purchased 500 cassettes. Ed S will shortly be
                starting up another Great Cassette Project. This purchase is in
                addition to a large purchase of Aunt Mary, Eternal Light, and a 175
                cassette collection of Country Music Shows.
                2. Jim Jones is working on a new web site for the group in
                connection with a web design class that he is taking. You can get a
                glimpse of what the new home page will look like by going to

                http://www.jjonz.us/otrr04/index02.htm

                If you have comments, suggestions, Jim would love to have them.

                3. We have a large number of series back-logged for certification.
                Most are already done, it's just a matter of getting them through the
                final stages. Hopefully we will be releasing Fort Laramie, Theater
                Five, 21st Precinct, Calling All Cars, Mr President and a couple more
                in the upcoming weeks.
                4. We are starting a new project. If you have back issues of any
                old time radio magazines, serial magazines, nostalgia or any of the
                magazines that was printed during the golden age of radio, we'd love
                to have them for the archives. If you don't want to part with them
                and have a scanner hooked to your computer, could you scan them in as
                pdf files? That way more people could have access to them instead of
                just a few dozen paper copies wasting away somewhere. Thanks to Dr
                Joe Webb for suggesting this and sending me a large number of issues
                he had on hand, including a near complete run of at least one. Ryan
                Ellet also has a large number that will eventually be scanned into
                pdf files. I've already started scanning in Dr Joes contribution and
                they will be made available on the website for everyone to enjoy! E-
                mail me if you either have 'zines you want to contribut or you can
                make scans of ones you have and don't want to part with.
                5. The Old Radio Times will be celebrating it's first birthday in
                December and would like to have brief bios of YOU!!
                6. I can't remember anything else so maybe someone who was in
                attendance can fill in the blanks!