Re: [Otter-Project] Re: The Fred Allen Show

  • Uberfrau
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
      I keep my Fred Allen collection in one playlist; the same goes for Jack
      Benny and Red Skelton. But if the group prefers that each series be listed
      individually, then I agree that Fred Allen's name should come first so that
      the series end up listed one after another rather than being listed
      throughout the log. This should be helpful to new otr listeners who are
      more familiar with the stars' names than the various series they starred in.

      Lisa
    • Menachem Shapiro
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
        B"H

        If it isn't too much trouble, I think it should be both. That way
        people can chose whether they want to keep all the Fred Allen series
        in one folder of in 8 different folders.

        Menachem

      • sirghoul@optonline.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
          I like the idea of separate logs, but with fFred Allen's name starting
          them.

          John.

          On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:36:03 +0000, you wrote:

          >Researchers!
          >
          >How should we handle the different series(8) that starred Fred
          >Allen? Should we lump them altogether under the Fred Allen
          >Collection and indentify them within the collection like such-
          >
          >Example One
          >
          >32-10-23 episode title (Linit Bath Club Revue)
          >33-04-33 episode title (linit Bath Club Revue ends)
          >33-08-04 episode title (Salad Bowl Revue)
          >33-12-01 episode title (Salad Bowl Revue ends)
          >34-01-03 episode title (Sal Hepatica Revue)
          >34-03-14 episode title (Sal Hepatica Revue ends)
          >
          >And thus through all the various series or should we seperate each
          >series into its own log like such -
          >
          >Example Two
          >
          >Linit Bath Club Revue - Fred Allen
          >Salad Bowl Revue - Fred Allen
          >Sal Hepatica Revue - Fred Allen
          >
          >Please let me have your opinions.
          >jimb
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Brian A.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
            I like example one. Easier on the eye when looking at
            a list of files. If we use MP3 tags, it could be
            seperated there as well. This way, people can seperate
            it out if they like by File name or Tag name.

            My 2 cents,
            Brian A.

            --- Jim Beshires <beshiresjim@...> wrote:

            > Researchers!
            >
            > How should we handle the different series(8) that
            > starred Fred
            > Allen? Should we lump them altogether under the
            > Fred Allen
            > Collection and indentify them within the collection
            > like such-
            >
            > Example One
            >
            > 32-10-23 episode title (Linit Bath Club Revue)
            > 33-04-33 episode title (linit Bath Club Revue ends)
            > 33-08-04 episode title (Salad Bowl Revue)
            > 33-12-01 episode title (Salad Bowl Revue ends)
            > 34-01-03 episode title (Sal Hepatica Revue)
            > 34-03-14 episode title (Sal Hepatica Revue ends)
            >
            > And thus through all the various series or should we
            > seperate each
            > series into its own log like such -
            >
            > Example Two
            >
            > Linit Bath Club Revue - Fred Allen
            > Salad Bowl Revue - Fred Allen
            > Sal Hepatica Revue - Fred Allen
            >
            > Please let me have your opinions.
            > jimb

            Fans of OTR = Please check out the OTR
            Researchers Group website at http://www.otterprojectonline.info

            Yahoo! Sports
            http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
          • Archie
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 29, 2005
              --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, Ben Kibler
              <ben_kibler48309@y...> wrote:
              > I prefer #2, but I think it should be
              >
              > "Fred Allen - Linit Bath Club Revue"
              > "Fred Allen - Salad Bowl Revue"
              > "Fred Allen - Sal Hepatica Revue"
              >

              > Ben K

              I agree with Ben. Putting Fred first keeps the series logs together
              in the database so one can easily choose the correct one.

              Archie
            • Ben Kibler
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 29, 2005
                Boy, can't wait until I tell "THE BOSS" that somebody agreed with me / LOL