Re: The New Version of Otter

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2004
      Heads up everyone!

      The new version of Otter will shortly be released and there are some
      changes that you will have to make to your copy of Otter to make it
      compatable with the new release. Nothing serious, just a lot of
      typing!!
      Open up your Log Directory and make the following changes -

      Files that are like this -
      Date With Judy, A must be changed to A Date With Judy

      Files that are like this -
      Amos and Andy Show, The must be changed to The Amos and Andy Show

      Files that are like this -
      Superman, The Adventures of must be changed to
      The Adventures of Superman

      These changes will not mess up anything, all your pointers will
      still point to the right files. You just have to re-name the files
      to correspond to the new release of Otter, otherwise you will end up
      with duplicate files!

      I will be hanging out in the chat room in the Otter Project group
      Sunday 4pm EST in case you have any questions about this or any
      other aspect of Otter or otr.
      jimb
    • Archie
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2004
        --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Beshires"
        <beshiresjim@y...> wrote:
        > Heads up everyone!
        >
        > The new version of Otter will shortly be released and there are
        some
        > changes that you will have to make to your copy of Otter to make
        it
        > compatable with the new release.

        I have been test driving the new version and reporting back my
        findings to the author along with some suggestions. There are some
        nice new features in the new version - including a method of merging
        logs existing in your database but with a slightly different name.
        (ie Otter has 'A Date With Judy' and your install had 'Date With
        Judy, A').

        The testing I did with the merge and rename feature worked well.

        Archie
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2004

          > I have been test driving the new version and reporting back my
          > findings to the author along with some suggestions. There are
          some
          > nice new features in the new version - including a method of
          merging
          > logs existing in your database but with a slightly different
          name.
          > (ie Otter has 'A Date With Judy' and your install had 'Date With
          > Judy, A').
          >
          > The testing I did with the merge and rename feature worked well.
          >
          > Archie

          Great Job Archie!
          That will save us a lot of work!