The Godfrey Library

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2005
      Researchers!

      Stewart Wright mentioned this great source a few weeks ago and it
      bears repeating again.

      The Godfrey Memorial Library is basically a Research Library for
      genealogists. What then are we doing promoting it?

      The Godfrey Library has a on-line database of searchable newspapers
      that are a goldmine for anyone doing research in old time radio
      series.
      Our very own Clorinda Thompson has been hard at work mining this
      fantastic resource and has either developed or fleshed out many
      series that were woefully lacking in information.

      In many cases, you can find episode titles for series lacking them
      now. You can find a definite mention of many previously unknown
      series. It is really an otr researchers dream.

      You can get a one year subscription to this great source for only
      $35 per year! This is a great bargain. I know that at least 5 of
      our members have a membership there. I just got mine last week and
      am amazed at the information. If you do any sort of research in
      otr, or want to become more involved in the groups activities, you
      should treat yourself to a membership.

      If we can get enough people signed up, we really can produce
      materials that no other group has. Clorinda might be persuaded to
      teach an on-line class in how to use this library to its fullest
      potential.

      Check it out by going to www.Godfrey.org. I hope that many of you
      will take advantage and become researchers!
      jimb
    • Ron Schalow
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2005
        Hello Jim:

        I just joined here tonight, and it's a real treasure
        trove! Thanks for passing the word.

        Ron Schalow

        http://mail.yahoo.com