Re: Otter manual

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2004
      Hello everyone.
      Thanks for all the imput that you've been sending me. Just so we
      can all see what each other is doing, please post your questions,
      new information, corrections, etc, here as a post to the whole group.

      It's not that I don't like getting e-mail from you, but by all being
      able to see what problems, solutions, etc, each other is having,
      will be a help to all of us. And our techie guy can answer any
      questions that I can't!

      I've had some good suggestions and they are being incorporated into
      each new version of the manual. I revise it about every day, so
      always check for new information.

      It would be super if we had shots from otter to accompany each
      section, but that is beyond my capability. Also I would like to be
      able to have any web addresses hyperlinked???, What I mean is that
      they could go to that site just by clicking on the web address from
      within the manual. Is that a possibility?

      A FAQ section has been proposed. How do we do that? Do we wait
      until we go live and then get questions from users? Any helpful
      suggestions?

      Also new logs - it would be great if we could add some new logs to
      Otter. I'm sure that between the three log sites and others
      scattered here and there, we could find a lot. Do we want to ask
      for volunteers from the regular group to do that? It would entail
      entering each episode individually, but would be a plus for us to be
      able to have the best site for otr information in the community..

      Jim B
    • Marsha Fleming
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2004

        I have screen shots of Otter.  I can upload them to the file area.

        Yes any information can be hyperlinked just like on a web site.  They will not work in a text editor.

        We cannot do an FAQ until we have the manual done.  The FAQ can be an ongoing project.  It can also be included in the manual at some future time.

        Marsha
        KA8DMR (craftygal7388)

        Live life to the fullest while maintaining your integrity

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2004
          Marsha,
          Is there some way that the screen shots could be incorporated into
          the manual to illustrate the various points?

          --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Marsha Fleming" <marsha@f...>
          wrote:
          > I have screen shots of Otter. I can upload them to the file
          area.

          > Yes any information can be hyperlinked just like on a web site.
          They will
          > not work in a text editor.
          >
          > We cannot do an FAQ until we have the manual done. The FAQ can be
          an
          > ongoing project. It can also be included in the manual at some
          future time.

          > Marsha
          > KA8DMR (craftygal7388)
          > Live life to the fullest while maintaining your integrity
          >

          > _____

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          Service
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • A1Chef
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 18, 2004
            Message
            Jim,
            I have uploaded 3 files of Otter screen shots to the CD-CIRCLE files section for you .
            Chef

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 18, 2004
              Chef,
              There doesn't seem to be any shots there, just txt, a big blank spot
              with an x in the corner.
              Jim B
              --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "A1Chef" <a1chef@t...> wrote:
              > Jim,
              > I have uploaded 3 files of Otter screen shots to the CD-CIRCLE
              files
              > section for you .
              > Chef

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cln279b/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D
              =eg

              roupweb/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1074570605/A=1945637/R=0/*http://www.netf
              lix
              > .com/Default?mqso=60178397&partid=4116730> click here
              >
              > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
              M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egrou
              > pmail/S=:HM/A=1945637/rand=963197278>
              >

              > _____
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              subject=Unsubscribe>

            • A1Chef
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 18, 2004
                Message
                I told you I am techno deficient.
                I just moved them to the folder "Otter"
                in my Shares on the Hubs.
                Try getting them there.
                There doesn't seem to be any shots there, just txt, a big blank spot
                with an x in the corner.
                Jim B
                --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "A1Chef" <a1chef@t...> wrote:
                > Jim,
                > I have uploaded 3 files of Otter screen shots to the CD-CIRCLE
                files
                > section for you .
                > Chef

                subject=Unsubscribe>