Misc/view list, view details in notepad not working

  • dal3856
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2005
      I had been using the Centipede 23May2002 version on Win98 for several
      years, but when I tried copying the Otter directory to my new WinXP
      SP2 notebook PC, Otter would not run. I tried XP's option to run Otter
      in Win98 or Win95 mode but neither mode would work. I decided to
      download the Defender 23Oct2002 version from the Otter Project web
      site.
      It runs, but Misc/View List In Notepad and Misc/View Details in
      Notepad aren't working? Those options always worked in the Centipede
      23May2002 version. How can I get them to work in the Defender version?
      thanks,
      dal3856
    • Archie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005
        --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "dal3856" <d59n@h...> wrote:

        > I had been using the Centipede 23May2002 version on Win98 for
        several
        > years, but when I tried copying the Otter directory to my new WinXP
        > SP2 notebook PC, Otter would not run. I tried XP's option to run
        Otter
        > in Win98 or Win95 mode but neither mode would work. I decided to
        > download the Defender 23Oct2002 version from the Otter Project web
        > site.
        > It runs, but Misc/View List In Notepad and Misc/View Details in
        > Notepad aren't working? Those options always worked in the Centipede
        > 23May2002 version. How can I get them to work in the Defender
        version?
        > thanks,
        > dal3856

        You need the two dll files (rsrc16x.dll and rsrc32x.dll) for those
        features. They should have been included in the zip file containing
        the Defender version on the website.

        Archie
      • dal3856
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005
          --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Archie" <y_know_archie@h...>
          wrote:

          > --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "dal3856" <d59n@h...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I had been using the Centipede 23May2002 version on Win98 for
          > several
          > > years, but when I tried copying the Otter directory to my new
          WinXP
          > > SP2 notebook PC, Otter would not run. I tried XP's option to run
          > Otter
          > > in Win98 or Win95 mode but neither mode would work. I decided to
          > > download the Defender 23Oct2002 version from the Otter Project
          web
          > > site.
          > > It runs, but Misc/View List In Notepad and Misc/View Details in
          > > Notepad aren't working? Those options always worked in the
          Centipede
          > > 23May2002 version. How can I get them to work in the Defender
          > version?
          > > thanks,
          > > dal3856
          >
          > You need the two dll files (rsrc16x.dll and rsrc32x.dll) for those
          > features. They should have been included in the zip file
          containing
          > the Defender version on the website.
          >
          > Archie

          I had them but didn't put them in the dir with otter.exe. I had
          d/l'd the Defender version from the Otter project web site a couple
          of months ago and extracted only the otter.db to the dir that had my
          old Defender version: otter.exe, 209kb, 11/19/2002. It worked fine
          for the past couple of months, but when I tried to use the notepad
          feature for the first time yesterday, I didn't relate the problem to
          those dll's. I just now replaced the old Defender otter.exe with the
          latest Defender otter.exe, 784kb, 7/12/2003, and added rsrc16x.dll
          and rsrc32x.dll. Works great now. Thanks!

          dal3856