Wiki Workers

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2005

      Motsuk
      The Man Called X
      Ben Kibler
      The Six Shooter
      Jim B
      menachem
      Steve Napier
      Stewart

      If your name should be on this list and it's not, please let me
      know.

      People, this is a very simple thing to do. We have 600+ members in
      all the different Researchers groups. I know that about 200+ are
      actively involved in one of the sub-groups, but that still leaves
      400+ that are just sitting on their behinds, pardon me, looking for
      the next distro or just doing nothing to help contribute to the
      betterment of the community. Makes me wonder about the level of
      commitment here.

      Remember, some changes are in the wind for the future direction of
      the group and the people who will be most affected will be those who
      just seem to be `here'. If you are doing something,anything,
      sharing files on the hub, working with a sub-group, contributing new
      materials for the OTTER database, making corrections, preparing
      series, doing QC work, even distributing our premier certified
      series in other groups, then you have nothing to worry about.

      We've created the wiki especially for those of you who say you'd
      like to help out, but don't have the time. Well, you can find 15-20
      minutes sometimes during the week to listen to just ONE of the
      episodes listed on the wiki and put the first line of dialogue up
      there. That's a fact.

      If you'd rather work on a series not listed, contact menachem.
      He'll be happy to put one up just for you.

      Looks like about 21 different people worked on the wiki last week
      and they did a tremendous amount of work! Two people almost single
      handly did a series each! I'm proud of these 21 people. They, along
      with all the other volunteers, have caught the spirit of what this
      group's all about. I hope that more of you get the spirit this
      coming week.

      Remember, we are Researchers first.
      Jim B