The Researchers Hub VS the OTRR Library Hub

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      Researchers!

      Please do not be open in both the Researchers Hub and the OTRR
      Library Hub at the same time.

      We created the Researchers Hub to share files back and forth so that
      people working on completing series could have access to each others
      materials. ONLY people in the main Researchers Group and Otter
      Project are allowed in it.

      We created the OTRR LIbrary Hub for people who are ONLY members of
      the Distro Group and NOT the other two. The ONLY files that should
      be available to them are the Library files. These are the certified
      series and a few other series that they can access. They should NOT
      have access to any other files, as they are not contributing members
      of the group. A lot of the people in the distro group are only here
      for 'the loaves and the fishes', and never intend to contribute
      anything to the betterment of our projects. And that's fine, but we
      only want to provide them with the official group releases, not
      everything we are working on.

      By being open in both Hubs you allow them access to all group files,
      and create the problem of them tying up slots when someone who is
      trying to complete a series might need to access your stuff.

      So please follow the rules here and only visit the OTRR Library if
      you are downloading a certified series.

      Jim B