NEW OTRR Library Hub Opens

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 25, 2005
      The OTRR Library Hub is open for business. All certified series and
      distributed files will be there. You can download a file at a time
      or a whole disc in ISO format.

      Members of the Researchers Group Hub are automatically registered.
      There are jumps to the library set up on a right-click menu; or
      alternatively, you can log in to a second hub. The address is
      otrr.dyndns.org:415. Once there, any librarian (the ones with the
      keys) will be able to supply you with information and files.

      All other interested users should e-mail phlipper376@... with
      nickname (preferably your Yahoo ID) and a password. I will reply to
      your mail when you are set up. Logging in beforehand will banish you
      to the waiting room, where you may only leave a message or play a
      game.

      The preferred client is DC++ which is can be downloaded from:
      http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/. Mac users should be able to get
      into this hub with either DirectConnect or DCGui. Help for new users
      to DC++ can be found at:
      http://otrr.dyndns.org/GettingStartedInDC++.htm. E-mail me with any
      other questions.

      Philip
    • Stark Maynard
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 26, 2005
        Philip:

        So how does one enter this hub? This is the message I get...

        *** Connecting to otrr.dyndns.org:415...
        *** Connected
        <Hub-Security> Your ASS is banned!
        *** Disconnected

        I'm already a member of Researchers Group Hub.

        Thanks,

        Stark

        --- Philip <phlipper376@...> wrote:

        > The OTRR Library Hub is open for business. All certified series and
        > distributed files will be there. You can download a file at a time
        > or a whole disc in ISO format.
        >
        > Members of the Researchers Group Hub are automatically registered.
        > There are jumps to the library set up on a right-click menu; or
        > alternatively, you can log in to a second hub. The address is
        > otrr.dyndns.org:415. Once there, any librarian (the ones with the
        > keys) will be able to supply you with information and files.
        >
        > All other interested users should e-mail phlipper376@... with
        > nickname (preferably your Yahoo ID) and a password. I will reply to
        > your mail when you are set up. Logging in beforehand will banish you
        > to the waiting room, where you may only leave a message or play a
        > game.
        >
        > The preferred client is DC++ which is can be downloaded from:
        > http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/. Mac users should be able to get
        > into this hub with either DirectConnect or DCGui. Help for new users
        > to DC++ can be found at:
        > http://otrr.dyndns.org/GettingStartedInDC++.htm. E-mail me with any
        > other questions.
        >
        > Philip

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • William S. Davis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 27, 2005
          Bet it works for everybody who tries it, Phil!  :)

          Bill

          phlipper376@... wrote:
          Stark

          3 bad passwords got you banned.  I lifted the ban and set your account in the library to sjohn, pw rose.  It should work now

          Philip

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2005
            Not for long as it will have to be changed. I, for one, vote for keeping
            passwords private unless permission to do otherwise is given by the member -
            which I didn't do.

            Stark

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005

              Phillip

              address: willatkinson@...

              password: Cook

              nick: Will

              I hope I have it set up correctly.  Never used one before.

              Will

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Phlipper

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
                  Phil,

                  This note is from Will Atkinson, not Bill Atkins. We are two
                  different people with similar names...

                  Sorry for the confusion.

                  ---- On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Phlipper (phlipper376@...) wrote:

                  > Bill
                  >
                  > Which login do you want? This is your third request with
                  different parameters.

                  > Philip
                  >
                  > William Atkinson <willatkinson@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Phillip
                  >
                  > address: willatkinson@...
                  >
                  > password: Cook
                  >
                  > nick: Will
                  >
                  > I hope I have it set up correctly. Never used one before.
                  >
                  > Will

                  Service.