Re: December Report on the Researchers Website/Jim B

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Scott" <scotty@w...>
      wrote:
      > You ask "I urge each of you to visit the site
      > every day."
      >
      > Does this mean that every time I visit the site the number of
      visitors goes up by one.If I visit the site every day,that's 30
      visitors a month recorded,or have I got it wrong.By asking all
      members to visit the site daily it will increase the visitors every
      month and keep the site number one,or have I got it wrong again ?
      > Kind regards,
      > Neil
      >
      > Hey Neil,

      Long time no hear from, very glad to see your post.

      How that works is like this - When you visit once during a month it
      counts as a visitor, so in that respect you are only counted once.
      However each time you come back that is counted as a visit. Records
      are kept by the search engine on number of visitors and number of
      visits. They both help boost the sites standings.

      For instance when you visit the first time during the month - thats
      a visitor, when you come back - thats a visit! If you visit the
      site for the first time and then come back 29 more times, and I
      visit the site and come back 29 more times, it registers like this
      in the information

      2 visitors
      58 visits

      The more traffic we generate the higher ranking in search engines we
      are.

      Hope this helps.

      I've missed you!
      jimb
    • Irene Heinstein
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        When I want some Otter series info I google, for example, 'Otter Gunsmoke', instead of going to Otter directly.

        -Irene