Re: [Otter-Project] December Report on the Researchers Website/Jim B

  • Neil Scott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      You ask   "I urge each of you to visit the site
      every day."

      Does this mean that every time I visit the site the number of visitors goes up by one.If I visit the site every day,that's 30 visitors a month recorded,or have I got it wrong.By asking all members to visit the site daily it will increase the visitors every month and keep the site number one,or have I got it wrong again ?
      Kind regards,
      Neil
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Scott" <scotty@w...>
        wrote:
        > You ask "I urge each of you to visit the site
        > every day."
        >
        > Does this mean that every time I visit the site the number of
        visitors goes up by one.If I visit the site every day,that's 30
        visitors a month recorded,or have I got it wrong.By asking all
        members to visit the site daily it will increase the visitors every
        month and keep the site number one,or have I got it wrong again ?
        > Kind regards,
        > Neil
        >
        > Hey Neil,

        Long time no hear from, very glad to see your post.

        How that works is like this - When you visit once during a month it
        counts as a visitor, so in that respect you are only counted once.
        However each time you come back that is counted as a visit. Records
        are kept by the search engine on number of visitors and number of
        visits. They both help boost the sites standings.

        For instance when you visit the first time during the month - thats
        a visitor, when you come back - thats a visit! If you visit the
        site for the first time and then come back 29 more times, and I
        visit the site and come back 29 more times, it registers like this
        in the information

        2 visitors
        58 visits

        The more traffic we generate the higher ranking in search engines we
        are.

        Hope this helps.

        I've missed you!
        jimb
      • Irene Heinstein
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
          When I want some Otter series info I google, for example, 'Otter Gunsmoke', instead of going to Otter directly.

          -Irene