Re: Trouble with updates

  • Archie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "frdbertelsen"
      <f.bertelsen@a...> wrote:

      > I am using the defender version of Otter. When I try to update a
      log
      > with a file that contains new dates it does not replace the old
      dates
      > it adds the new causing duplicate episode dates with different
      dates.
      > Is this normal? If it is I guess I'll have to watch closer as to
      what
      > changes are included with a file, print it out and do the update
      by
      > hand. Any thoughts, similar problems or fixes?
      >
      > Thanks and Happy New Year to all.
      >
      > Fred

      When you import a log into Otter, Otter will recognize if you
      already have a log with the same series name. If you do, Otter will
      give you the option of replacing the entire log, or adding new
      episodes while leaving old ones untouched (plus a couple of other
      choices).

      If you have not made any changes to the Otter log yourself that you
      want to keep and are using the group's updated log, it is probably
      safest simply to tell Otter to replace the old log completely.

      Remember that Otter distinguishes between entries based on date.
      Thereofre if the old log showed ep#3 as 450611 and the revised log
      showed ep#3 as 450617 (examples only) then Otter would show two log
      entries for ep#3 unless you told Otter to replace the old log when
      importing.

      See Article 20.0 on page 36 of the 'Guide to Otter' for complete
      details.

      Archie
    • frdbertelsen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        Thanks Archie, I'll reread that part of the manual.

        Fred

        --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Archie" <y_know_archie@h...>