December Report on the Researchers Website

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005
      Hello Group!

      Here are a few figures that you might find interesting about the
      website.

      Visitors - 1516 While this was about 80 less than November, the
      site for some reason didn't count people for 2 and a half days. If
      it had, we'd have about 215 more, so I estimate that there were 1730
      actually.

      Visits to the site - 2746
      Hits - 68,512

      Visitors came from 46 countries - top ten - US, Canada, Australia,
      Netherlands, European Union, Great Britian, Sweden, France, Japan,
      UAE.

      1746 visits to the forum, which was the most visited site.
      309 downloaded the Otter database
      137 downloaded the Otter Program
      132 downloaded the Otter Guide

      3000 files looked at - These were mainly individual series text
      logs. For some reason the program has stopped counting other files
      such as artwork, series briefs, etc. It used to, but now won't and
      I can't figure it out.

      336 inquiries via Google
      104 inquiries via Yahoo
      25 inquiries via AOL
      14 inquiries via DMOZ
      19 inquiries via other search engines.

      88 people found us from The Share and Trade Board
      58 from Steve Cottle's site
      23 from Cobalt
      29 from Bill Sparks

      SEARCH ENGINES
      We're number one in 'All The Web', 'Alta Vista', "MSN', and 'Yahoo',
      and number 6 in 'Google'. We have been number one in Google up
      until this past week.

      OTHER SITES LINKED TO OURS
      There are 108 other sites that have a link on them to ours. However
      the program doesn't say which ones! Some I know about. If you know
      sites that link to ours, I'd like to know about them. We'd
      certianly like to increase the number of sites that link to us.

      All in all, a great month. I urge each of you to visit the site
      every day. There is something new going up almost every day.

      www.otterprojectonline.info

      Jim B