Trouble with updates

  • frdbertelsen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      I am using the defender version of Otter. When I try to update a log
      with a file that contains new dates it does not replace the old dates
      it adds the new causing duplicate episode dates with different dates.
      Is this normal? If it is I guess I'll have to watch closer as to what
      changes are included with a file, print it out and do the update by
      hand. Any thoughts, similar problems or fixes?

      Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

      Fred
    • Archie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "frdbertelsen"
        <f.bertelsen@a...> wrote:

        > I am using the defender version of Otter. When I try to update a
        log
        > with a file that contains new dates it does not replace the old
        dates
        > it adds the new causing duplicate episode dates with different
        dates.
        > Is this normal? If it is I guess I'll have to watch closer as to
        what
        > changes are included with a file, print it out and do the update
        by
        > hand. Any thoughts, similar problems or fixes?
        >
        > Thanks and Happy New Year to all.
        >
        > Fred

        When you import a log into Otter, Otter will recognize if you
        already have a log with the same series name. If you do, Otter will
        give you the option of replacing the entire log, or adding new
        episodes while leaving old ones untouched (plus a couple of other
        choices).

        If you have not made any changes to the Otter log yourself that you
        want to keep and are using the group's updated log, it is probably
        safest simply to tell Otter to replace the old log completely.

        Remember that Otter distinguishes between entries based on date.
        Thereofre if the old log showed ep#3 as 450611 and the revised log
        showed ep#3 as 450617 (examples only) then Otter would show two log
        entries for ep#3 unless you told Otter to replace the old log when
        importing.

        See Article 20.0 on page 36 of the 'Guide to Otter' for complete
        details.

        Archie
      • frdbertelsen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
          Thanks Archie, I'll reread that part of the manual.

          Fred

          --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Archie" <y_know_archie@h...>