HELP

  • Meowmie RB
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2004

      I have tried to figure this out myself but finally have decided to ask for help.

      I belong to several OTR groups (just joined a week or two ago) and have subscribed to several distros.  I was thrilled when today's mail yielded me THREE wonderful envelopes of goodies!!

      Problem...for the life of me, I cannot figure out what list ONE of them came from.  I have made copies of the "shipping lists" for all of them I have signed up for, or so I thought but I cannot find one for this batch of CD's!!!

      The return address on the envelope is:
      1553 Buttermilk Road
      Cordova, AL 35550

      No name listed.

      The CD's contain a little of everything...

      Spiderman Unmasked
      OTR: How Inner Sanctum Came About
      Changes
      Empire Strikes Quack
      Space Academy
      Earth 2 (several of these)
      OTR:Whistler, Fear in 4, Nightwatch
      Smallville
      Johnny Bravo
      Spiderman and Friends
      etc.

      This has 10 CD's in the set.

      Could someone PLEASE help me figure out where these came from adn where they are to go next??  I feel so silly asking this.  The other 2 sets I got today are ready to be sent out again but til I figure out what this one is, I can't do a thing with them!!

      Thanks, everyone!!

      Having a senior moment,
      AND cross posting,
      Louise Eberhart
    • Ed
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2004
        These groups have member's databases (in the database section of the Yahoo group).
        You can go page by page and Control-F (find) looking for, say, Buttermilk, and find the person.

        Sadly, you will have to do that for each group and then cross-check the distribution posting
        and/or the distribution poll to be sure they aren't also signed up for multiple groups.

        Secondly, you might post your message to those groups that you belong to (one e-mail
        to each group rather than one message to multiple groups is most polite).

        When you find this out, let me know, this distro sounds great and I've been letting the
        announcements go unread until I get settled in my new place.

        On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:17:05 -0600 (Central Standard Time), you wrote:

        >I have tried to figure this out myself but finally have decided to ask for
        >help.
        >

        >I belong to several OTR groups (just joined a week or two ago) and have
        >subscribed to several distros. I was thrilled when today's mail yielded me
        >THREE wonderful envelopes of goodies!!
        >

        >Problem...for the life of me, I cannot figure out what list ONE of them came
        >from. I have made copies of the "shipping lists" for all of them I have
        >signed up for, or so I thought but I cannot find one for this batch of CD
        >s!!!
        >

        >The return address on the envelope is:
        >
        >1553 Buttermilk Road
        >
        >Cordova, AL 35550
        >

        >No name listed.
        >

        >The CD's contain a little of everything...
        >

        >Spiderman Unmasked
        >
        >OTR: How Inner Sanctum Came About
        >
        >Changes
        >
        >Empire Strikes Quack
        >
        >Space Academy
        >
        >Earth 2 (several of these)
        >
        >OTR:Whistler, Fear in 4, Nightwatch
        >
        >Smallville
        >
        >Johnny Bravo
        >
        >Spiderman and Friends
        >
        >etc.
        >

        >This has 10 CD's in the set.
        >

        >Could someone PLEASE help me figure out where these came from adn where they
        >are to go next?? I feel so silly asking this. The other 2 sets I got today
        >are ready to be sent out again but til I figure out what this one is, I can
        >t do a thing with them!!
        >

        >Thanks, everyone!!
        >

        >Having a senior moment,
        >
        >AND cross posting,
        >
        >Louise Eberhart
      • Meowmie RB
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2004

          I already went through all the member's databases and can't find it.  Have spent all evening trying to figure this out myself before saying HELP!!

          One very valuable lesson learned today!!

          Thanks!
          Louise Eberhart

          These groups have member's databases (in the database section of the Yahoo group).
          You can go page by page and Control-F (find) looking for, say, Buttermilk, and find the person.

          Sadly, you will have to do that for each group and then cross-check the distribution posting
          and/or the distribution poll to be sure they aren't also signed up for multiple groups.

          Secondly, you might post your message to those groups that you belong to (one e-mail
          to each group rather than one message to multiple groups is most polite).

          When you find this out, let me know, this distro sounds great and I've been letting the
          announcements go unread until I get settled in my new place.

          On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:17:05 -0600 (Central Standard Time), you wrote:

          >I have tried to figure this out myself but finally have decided to ask for
          >help.
          >

          >I belong to several OTR groups (just joined a week or two ago) and have
          >subscribed to several distros.  I was thrilled when today's mail yielded me
          >THREE wonderful envelopes of goodies!!
          >

          >Problem...for the life of me, I cannot figure out what list ONE of them came
          >from.  I have made copies of the "shipping lists" for all of them I have
          >signed up for, or so I thought but I cannot find one for this batch of CD
          >s!!!
          >

          >The return address on the envelope is:
          >
          >1553 Buttermilk Road
          >
          >Cordova, AL 35550
          >

          >No name listed.
          >

          >The CD's contain a little of everything...
          >

          >Spiderman Unmasked
          >
          >OTR: How Inner Sanctum Came About
          >
          >Changes
          >
          >Empire Strikes Quack
          >
          >Space Academy
          >
          >Earth 2 (several of these)
          >
          >OTR:Whistler, Fear in 4, Nightwatch
          >
          >Smallville
          >
          >Johnny Bravo
          >
          >Spiderman and Friends
          >
          >etc.
          >

          >This has 10 CD's in the set.
          >

          >Could someone PLEASE help me figure out where these came from adn where they
          >are to go next??  I feel so silly asking this.  The other 2 sets I got today
          >are ready to be sent out again but til I figure out what this one is, I can
          >t do a thing with them!!
          >

          >Thanks, everyone!!
          >

          >Having a senior moment,
          >
          >AND cross posting,
          >
          >Louise Eberhart

        • Ed
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 31, 2004
            "Rick", "Roberts", "rickrob@...", "1554 Buttermilk RD", "Cordova", "AL", "35550"

            This is the best I could do with my OTR subs

          • tasseau{Martillo}fg
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2005
              the contents look good to me also, i would not mind having a copy.

              tasseau_M