Dates of 2000 Plus episodes

  • pmschrama
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Dear all,

      while looking at the dates of 2000 plus, i noticed that until episode
      25 all broadcasting dates were on wednesdays. The dates of episode
      26 - 33 are on thursday, 34 and 35 are on sunday.
      10-08-51 is on friday, 10-10-51 is on thursday.

      How certain are the dates of episodes onwards of 25?

      Peter
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
        --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "pmschrama" <p.mschrama@f...>
        wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > while looking at the dates of 2000 plus, i noticed that until
        episode
        > 25 all broadcasting dates were on wednesdays. The dates of episode
        > 26 - 33 are on thursday, 34 and 35 are on sunday.
        > 10-08-51 is on friday, 10-10-51 is on thursday.
        >
        > How certain are the dates of episodes onwards of 25?
        >
        > Peter

        Peter,
        Thanks for pointing this out. I took a look at Hickerson and
        Dunning and found that the show was on Wed from 3-15-50 thru 2-28-
        51,changed to Fri from 3-2-51 thru 5-11-51, changed to Sun from 7-9-
        51 thru 9-23-51 and back to Wed from 9-26-51 until the last episode
        on 1-2-51.

        We run into a lot of trouble because someone assumes a show was
        broadcast on the same time for its entire run and starts assigning
        dates based on that. The result - you wind up with episodes off by
        a couple days. It's fairly simple to determine broadcast dates by
        using a couple reference books and a perpetual calendar.

        I revised the log.