Re: [Otter-Project] Suggested CD Sampler Format

  • Brian A.
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      That sounds great. It can open up to a splash page of
      the OTR group.

      I remember a while back, someone suggested that people
      put some OTR on a CD and leave it somewhere for
      someone to find and hopefully listen to, if the CD
      opened up to an introduction page, that would be
      outstanding.

      You got my vote....

      Brian A.

      --- Stewart Arnold <stewartarnold@...> wrote:

      > What does everyone think of the idea to pop the CD
      > into your
      > computer and have it open an HTML page in Internet
      > Explorer that
      > includes links to MP3 show and whatever text we want
      > to include?
      > It's relatively easy to create a CD that has some
      > web pages(HTML)
      > and the OTR shows(MP3) that can be browsed
      > "off-line".
      >
      > The information included can be a simple as links to
      > shows or as
      > detailed as descriptions, reviews, pictures and
      > technical
      > information regarding MP3 playback. It's all a
      > matter of how much
      > effort we want to expend.

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • tasseau{Martillo}fg
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        i like the idea, it would also cut down on updating the files for CD, as some could be updated on the net.   you would need to have some for stand alone mode for use while not online.......

        good thought for sure, got my vote.

        tasseau_M

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
          An excellent idea for some sort of intro CD. It would provide a much better platform to deliver some information along with a few sample shows. That would provide the newbie with information about what's available and some direction on where to look for what may interest them.

          Jim