Re: Newly Interested person package

  • Stewart Arnold
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 1, 2004
      My ISO idea doesn't have to replace the CD's, just be an additional
      alternative. If half of the sampler packages can be distributed
      electronically it will be easier for those CD burning volunteers to
      keep up with demand.

      --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, "tasseau{Martillo}fg"
      <tasseau@g...> wrote:
      > that is all nice and good, but there are some of us out here that
      still deal with a dial-up that max's out at 28

      > tasseau_M

    • ryanellett
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 4, 2004
        My thoughts were in providing a package for those people that email
        us out of the blue saying, in essence, "OTR looks interesting. I
        don't know what it is, where can I get some?" They may be completely
        computer illiterate, just able to surf the web. That's why I think
        cds would be best, because it takes a bit of know-how to get busy in
        ftp, newgroups, p2p, etc. The real meat of the package, as I
        envision it, are some text files that tell people where they can get
        more, be it on tape, .wav cd, or .mp3. Places they can get it for
        free, ideally, or for cash, if necessary. People contact me
        regularly who are completely unfamiliar with the Yahoo groups, which
        is probably the best place to start. I'd also like some links to
        informative website (Genco, etc.) where complete novices can get an
        idea of what OTR is. I've only been in this four years but I
        remember how much scouring I did before I figured out the ins and
        outs of the hobby. Basically, if Joe Blow walked up to on the street
        and said "I'm interested in OTR. I heard a clip from an old show.
        What do I need to know to get into this?", what would we want to
        provide them?
        Ryan