Re: Bing Crosby

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2004
      Hello Group!

      Do we have a volunteer who will take on the tast of revising the
      Bing Crosby materials in the OTTER Database? There are at least 3
      or 4 logs of Bing Crosby stuff under various names.

      You'd probally need Dunnings and Hickersons' Books to work out the
      problems.

      There probally needs to be several logs such as -

      Fifteen Minutes With Bing Crosby
      Bing Crosby- The Cremo Singer
      Music That Satisifies
      ???Kraft Music Hall????
      Bing Crosby Chesterfield Show
      Philco Radio Time
      Bing Crosby General Electric Show

      They possibly could be in one log, but for the fact that several of
      them overlap and were broadcast on the same day.

      This is a much needed job and important task for some brave soul!

      Do I have a volunteer?
      jimb
    • C. Henson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2004
        Jim,

        I will try this if you like. Bing has always been one
        of my favorites, and I think I could learn about otter
        logs. I can use Hickersons book on this, I note there
        are umpteen listings.

        Let me know if this "brave soul" can give it a shot

        Charlie

        --- Jim Beshires <beshiresjim@...> wrote:

        > Hello Group!
        >
        > Do we have a volunteer who will take on the tast of
        > revising the
        > Bing Crosby materials in the OTTER Database? There
        > are at least 3
        > or 4 logs of Bing Crosby stuff under various names.
        >
        > You'd probally need Dunnings and Hickersons' Books
        > to work out the
        > problems.
        >
        > There probally needs to be several logs such as -
        >
        > Fifteen Minutes With Bing Crosby
        > Bing Crosby- The Cremo Singer
        > Music That Satisifies
        > ???Kraft Music Hall????
        > Bing Crosby Chesterfield Show
        > Philco Radio Time
        > Bing Crosby General Electric Show
        >
        > They possibly could be in one log, but for the fact
        > that several of
        > them overlap and were broadcast on the same day.
        >
        > This is a much needed job and important task for
        > some brave soul!
        >
        > Do I have a volunteer?
        > jimb

        > --------------------~-->
        > Over 1 billion served! The most music videos on the
        > web.
        > Click to Watch now!

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/1ZDxEA/IARHAA/kkyPAA/smTrlB/TM

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Andrew Steinberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2004
          This site should help in correcting Bing Crosby entries

          http://www.kcmetro.cc.mo.us/pennvalley/biology/lewis/crosby/radiolog.h
          tm
        • Andrew Steinberg
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
            I would like to know if the various Bing Crosby shows can be
            combined. They are basically the same show with differing sponsors.
            Most people would have these shows together in a collection.

            This would involve combining

            Kraft Music Hall

            from 37/05/27 First Song - How Could You?

            to * 46/05/02 Guest - Bob Hope

            PLUS

            Philco Radio Time(Bing Crosby).txt

            PLUS