8615Re: Love on the Line

  • georgewagner@fuse.net
    Aug 7, 2009
      Sir Andrew, regarding your recent OTR discovery there was an extremely similar program on early NBC television around 1950. I was only seven at the time, but here is my 60-year-old memory.

      The set was the stairs/stoop of a brownstone-type apartment. The star was a late teenage girl who held a telephone with the cord running into the building. (There may have been another, younger girl sitting on the steps with her.)

      The star carried on a conversation with her boyfriend (who was NOT heard).

      Every monologue included the Line: "It's bighger than BOTH us us!"

      Sincerely,

      George Wagner
      georgewagner@...