8611Re: Project OTR to close??

  • john_post04us
    Jul 30, 2009
      Thanks for all the work.

      You could keep the group and on any day you did an update send an email to this group: "an update has been made to the database and website". This would give an email prompt, with minimal effort to you, for people to go there at the appropriate time and find out what the changes were.

      --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Beshires" <beshiresjim@...> wrote:
      > Hi Guys,
      > I'm considering closing Project OTR as a Yahoo Group. My thoughts are
      > that the information has already been posted to www.otrr.org before it's
      > posted here.
      > I update each individual text log file, update the OTRR database, and
      > make the corrections as to when the file was last updated.
      > Then I come here - upload the individual text files and indicate what
      > they have been updated for - then Have to go post a message and say I've
      > done all this.
      > The info posted on the Yahoo group site is basically a duplication of
      > what's already available at the web site, with the execption of stating
      > what the individual text file was changed for. This can be remided by
      > just posting a notice to the blog site on the web site.
      > This will save me about 20-25 hours of work each month.
      > Anyone think of any reason for keeping the Project OTR site on yahoo
      > open, please speak now.
      > jimb
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic