8609Re: [OTR-Project] Project OTR to close??

  • Mark H
    Jul 30, 2009
      A suggestion -

      If you set up the web site with an RSS feed (for instance, have a blog page at the web site where you briefly note updates) then people who subscribe can be automatically notified of changes. Little or no work for you.

      At 02:30 PM Wednesday7/29/2009, you wrote:

      Hi Guys,
      I'm considering closing Project OTR as a Yahoo Group.  My thoughts are that the information has already been posted to www.otrr.org before it's posted here.

      I update each individual text log file, update the OTRR database, and make the corrections as to when the file was last updated.

      Then I come here - upload the individual text files and indicate what they have been updated for - then Have to go post a message and say I've done all this.

      The info posted on the Yahoo group site is basically a duplication of what's already available at the web site, with the execption of stating what the individual text file was changed for.  This can be remided by  just posting a notice to the blog site on the web site.

      This will save me about 20-25 hours of work each month.

      Anyone think of any reason for keeping the Project OTR site on yahoo open, please speak now.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic