8248Re: Lux Radio Theater log

  • Kurt
    Dec 2, 2008
      --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Steinberg"
      <nightkey5@...> wrote:

      > In the Lux Radio Theater, the term (repeat) has been added after the
      > title of over 100 shows. Unless the exact same show was repeated, I
      > don't see the point of pointing out the same story was used
      > previously. To put it another way, if a new cast re-does a story, I
      > don't consider it a repeat. I am proposing to delete the term
      (repeat)
      > from throughout the log, but wanted to get other opinions before
      doing
      > this.

      Andrew,

      I'm with you on this. No need to clutter the log with excess
      notations unless the subsequent airings are literally rebroadcasts of
      transcriptions. This is a simple but clear approach that is already
      the norm in most other logs where multiple uses of the same script
      have occurred, based on what I've seen in my limited travels in
      Otter. There are already plenty of log-by-log idiosyncrasies out
      there which would benefit from similar cleanup to what you suggest
      rather than piling on more one-off decision making efforts.

      Kurt
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic