8071Re: Location of Otter Data

  • Archie
    Sep 6, 2008
      --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Gott" <AdamGott@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to migrate my data from one computer to another and I
      > can't seem to manage it either. I find no subfolders titled HAVE
      and
      > LOCATION in my existing installation. The only subfolders there are
      > Backup, Docs, and tmp.
      >
      > Surely it can't be this hard to move from one computer to another
      can it?

      You must be using the Galaga version of Otter. It uses a compleltely
      different database syetm than th Defender version.

      Besides the folders that you mentioned, there should be files called
      logex.dat, user.dat and otter.db.

      If you do have the Galaga version, and you ran the setup program for
      it, it would have created a folder called Otter_Galaga in the progam
      folder of your main drive. Just copy the entire contents of this
      folder to your new computer. I tried it here and it worked just fine.

      Archie
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic