7018Re: looking for afrs ons #526

  • charliethebirdparker
    Apr 23, 2007
      gregg,
      sorry for delay answer: yes, i have the ons #582 from one week later.
      i´m looking for the ons #526 for many years (without finding it) and
      i will be happy if you can get some informations. thanks in advance!!

      keep boppin´
      marcel

      --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg Taylor" <decoderring@...>

      http://testbox.cob.rit.edu/
      > then register, go the the "Swap Forum", look for the catch-all band
      > remotes thread titled "Interludes from the Jump-Jivin' Whale Room",
      > and look on page 56 of the thread.)
      >
      > But, as I say, with a name like "charliethebirdparker" - I'm
      > pretty sure you've probably got that one. I will post your inquiry
      > about the Feb 5th Show at the C.C. and see if any of the local
      > luminaries are sittin' on it.
      >
      > cheers,
      >
      > Gregg
      >

      > --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "charliethebirdparker"
      > <bichos@> wrote:
      > >
      > > hello all,
      > > i´m new to this group and i have a question:
      > >
      > > i´m looking for years for a "afrs one night stand" broadcast
      > number:
      > > 526 with cootie williams. in the radio gold index it is listed as:
      > >
      > > 53089. One Night Stand. February 5, 1945. Program #526. AFRS. A
      > band
      > > remote
      > > from the Savoy Ballroom, New York City. The first tune is, "The
      > > Rhythm Is
      > > Jumping." Charlie Parker was in the sextette at this time, but is
      > not
      > > mentioned in the credits. Cootie Williams and His Orchestra, Lem
      > > Johnson
      > > (vocal), Sam Taylor (tenor sax), Charlie Parker (? alto), Al
      Jarvis
      > > (piano),
      > > Carl Pruitt (bass), Les Payne (drums). 29:56. Audio condition:
      Very
      > > good to
      > > excellent. Complete.
      > >
      > > someone knows where i can find this item? can somebody help?
      > >
      > > thanks in advance.
      > >
      > > keep boppin´
      > > marcel

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic