7016Re: looking for afrs ons #526

  • Gregg Taylor
    Apr 20 7:06 AM
      Marcel,

      Oh, man... I thought I had this one for you, but it's actually the
      Cootie Williams ONS from a week later, and I can only assume that
      you've got it already, since you didn't mention it. But just in
      case, I do have:

      "1053. One Night Stand. February 12, 1945. Program #582. AFRS. A
      band remote from the Savoy Ballroom, New York City. The first tune
      is, "Roll 'Em." Cootie Williams and His Orchestra, Warren Evans
      (vocal), Sam Taylor (tenor sax), Charlie Parker (alto sax), Al
      Jarvis (piano), Carl Pruitt (bass), Les Payne (drums). 29:46. Audio
      condition: Excellent. Complete."

      In fact, that one is still posted over at the Cobalt Club (if you
      do need it, you should visit the club at http://testbox.cob.rit.edu/
      then register, go the the "Swap Forum", look for the catch-all band
      remotes thread titled "Interludes from the Jump-Jivin' Whale Room",
      and look on page 56 of the thread.)

      But, as I say, with a name like "charliethebirdparker" - I'm
      pretty sure you've probably got that one. I will post your inquiry
      about the Feb 5th Show at the C.C. and see if any of the local
      luminaries are sittin' on it.

      cheers,

      Gregg

      --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "charliethebirdparker"
      <bichos@...> wrote:

      > hello all,
      > i´m new to this group and i have a question:
      >
      > i´m looking for years for a "afrs one night stand" broadcast
      number:
      > 526 with cootie williams. in the radio gold index it is listed as:
      >
      > 53089. One Night Stand. February 5, 1945. Program #526. AFRS. A
      band
      > remote
      > from the Savoy Ballroom, New York City. The first tune is, "The
      > Rhythm Is
      > Jumping." Charlie Parker was in the sextette at this time, but is
      not
      > mentioned in the credits. Cootie Williams and His Orchestra, Lem
      > Johnson
      > (vocal), Sam Taylor (tenor sax), Charlie Parker (? alto), Al Jarvis
      > (piano),
      > Carl Pruitt (bass), Les Payne (drums). 29:56. Audio condition: Very
      > good to
      > excellent. Complete.
      >
      > someone knows where i can find this item? can somebody help?
      >
      > thanks in advance.
      >
      > keep boppin´
      > marcel

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic