6270Re: [OTR-Project] CBC/Legal Issues

  • sirghoul@optonline.net
    Aug 7, 2006
      Seems to me they have to prove you actually sold the series they claim ownership of.

      Sounds like the best bet would be to turn your books over to a lawyer, and let him act on your behalf.

      John.

      On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:49:42 +0000, you wrote:

      >I was sent a cease and desist order by the CBC and unless I turn over
      >all copies of nero wolfe, nightfall, and vanishing point, and my books
      >showing how much I've made from these shows they will proceed with
      >legal action against my website www3.telus.net/bensoldtimeradio
      >They do not know yet who I am or what groups I belong to as my ISP
      >will not help them without a proper court order. I have never sold any
      >protected stuff, it shows in my Library, but my catalogue has all
      >stuff that is not yet 50 years old blacked out. I have never sold any
      >shows they mention, but could have put a few up for listening on my
      >site, but only to listen to and not for sale. They think that because
      >I list it in the Library section of the website I must sell it, but in
      >my catalogue I send out they are deleted. They have not asked to see
      >my catalogue, as if they did they would see their intended action
      >is "moot." I also have no copies of the said shows on CD. Any
      >thoughts? Regards
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      OldTimeRadioResearchersGroup@yahoogroups.com

      Where the best in OTR is collected for the future.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic