4184Re: [Otter-Project] Re: Help with Otter here??

  • Allan Foster
    Aug 1, 2005
      Hi Mark,

      One addition to what Jim said. You don't need to import the new
      database. Just download it (it will be a file called "otter.db") and
      put it in your Otter folder. It will replace the old database.

      Allan

      On 7/31/05, Jim Beshires <beshiresjim@...> wrote:
      > --- In Otter-Project@yahoogroups.com, Mark H <mark_lists@m...> wrote:
      > > I am still trying to figure out Otter - its a complicated program.
      > >
      > > I don't understand how to integrate the latest database. The web site
      > says
      > > you should just download and replace. I wanted to make sure that this
      > > preserves any data you have accumulated, or changes you might have
      > made in
      > > the database.
      >
      > Hey Mark!,
      > Any data that you have accumlated or changes you might have made in
      > your Otter will NOT be affected by downloading and importing the latest
      > version of the Database. That is kept in a seperate 'part' of the
      > database in your Otter.
      >
      > I advise people to download daily for the most current version as it is
      > updated daily. I always make some changes, that for various reasons,
      > don't get posted here to this site. Laziness is probally the most often
      > reason :->.
      >
      > Download the web database and just drag and drop it into your Otter.
      > You'll get asked the question - do you really want to do this?. Just
      > say yes, all it will do is update the master part of your database, not
      > your personal part. The only way that will change is if you change it
      > yourself.
      > jimb

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic