2-rail MTH Husky Stack Cars & Atlas Flat Car for sale

  • NAVEEN RAJAN
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2013
      Hi,
      I have the following 2-rail auto carriers for sale

      Atlas O, 89’4” Flat Car, TTWX Trailer Train, Car # 922215 - $45 OBO

      MTH Premier 48’ BNSF Husky Stack Car # 238558 - $45 OBO

      MTH Premier 48’ Burlington Northern Husky Stack Car # 63355 - $45 OBO

      MTH Premier 48’ BNSF Husky Stack Car # 238550 - $25 OBO

      The Atlas 89’4” Flat Car was made as a 2-rail model & has the Atlas trucks & Atlas couplers. One of the coupler shanks is longer than the other (as shown in the photos). This is the only car of this type that I own & I am not sure about which coupler is right for this car. I have not displayed or run this model much as it is long & takes up a lot of space.

      The MTH models were made as 3-rail model & I bought it New. I converted it to 2-rail by adding MTH roller bearing trucks & Kadee couplers. I ran them for less than 20 minutes & they sat on my diorama for almost a year before I packed them back in their original boxes, except for BNSF 238550 that does not have a box.

      The BNSF 238558 comes with 1 MTH 40’ Hanjin smooth-side container & 2 MTH 20’ Maersk Sealand Tank containers.

      The Burlington Northern 63355 comes with 1 MTH 40’ Hanjin smooth-side container & 2 MTH 20’ Hanjin ribbed-side containers.

      The BNSF 238558 is an incomplete or prototype made by MTH. I bought the parts off E-Bay & put it together. It does not have the brake-wheel, fifth-wheel (for the trailers), the silver walkways at the ends & there are no holes in the car to receive the MTH containers. It comes with 1 MTH 48’ SWIFT smooth-side container. I kept this car in the middle of a Consist & these missing details weren’t prominent.

      I prefer to receive funds through PayPal.

      Shipping would be extra & will be calculated based on the shipping cost estimate from the UPS website.

      I live in Peoria, IL & I would prefer to ship these cars within the continental United States.

      I was able to create a new album with the photos of these models. But I had trouble reordering the photos.
      Thanks,
      Naveen Rajan
    • NAVEEN RAJAN