N&W Y6b piping

  • Dorian Nakamoto
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2004
      09/14/04

      I'm detailing MG/KTM Y6b.  Does anyone:

      1.  Have broadsided (not 3/4 or superposed view) prototype photo
          that's big enough and exposed well to see under the running board
          details?

      2.  Official drawing showing the piping of airpumps or can draw me
           skitches for the piping for both rt and left sides.  I know the general
           routings for the airpumps per Kalambach's steam loco cyclopedia but
           I need specific for the Y6b.

      3.  Where can I get a brass casting for the Interceptor Valve that controls
           the cutoff from simple to compound operation?  from a prototype photo,
           it is located just above the right rear cylinder.  It looks like a thermos bottle
           with a medium sized pipe looping out of it's front.  This is an important
           unique piece with the Y6b operation, simple to compound switching.

      The model's pipe routings are Mickey Mouse:

      1.   I've replaced the long curving piping under the cab from the right
            side injector with bigger diameter wire and connected it all the
            way to the pipe that goes on top of the boiler to the check valve.

      2.  Air tank on the right side is not connected to anywhere.  It s/b
           connected to the airpump on one side and to the brake stand
           on the other inside tha cab

      3.  Replaced the long big diam. pipe at the top of boiler from it's steam
           dome to the cab, adding the turrent just in front of the cab.  The original
           was just a 3/16 diam solid brass rod that had no turrent, stopped
           short B4 the cab

      I have not started to detail the left side of the loco yet.  I suspect
      it's Mickey Mouse too.

      Ssshupring
    • tom thorpe
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2004
        check w/Joe G of 0 scale trains. Y6b's are a
        favorite of his.

        TT

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail