Re: [OSCALEMODELERS] Ships and Railroads and Steel

  • erienut
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2013

      Well,Jay -- Maritime modelling is tough for railroaders to ignore -- it just seems so natural.

      The problem is that ships are BIG!  A waterline model of aC-2, at 460x63 feet, will take up the volume of a block of 40' boxcars ten cars long, six cars wide, and six cars high (counting masts and rigging) -- that's 360 boxcars of cubic space!

      I would suggest thinking along the lines of using photographs and forcing the perspective, putting the ships in thr background -- way in the background!.  After all, your emphasis is the railroads, right?

      FWIW.

      Randy Brown