Strasburg!

  • kckime
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2013
      Didn't really see any comments regarding the show this past Saturday but wanted to again pass along thanks to John Dunn and Rich Yoder for putting on another good show.
      As usual I brought home more cars than I set out but the prices were good and were hard to walk away from! Plenty of "goodies" too, wheelsets and couplers that I always stock up on although I couldn't locate any 36" wheels on pointed axles, sure they were there just missed them.
      One nice thing is always catching up with friends and this show was no exception. I appreciate they keep the show open although I did have to apologize to John for leaving early, I bought a shop tour pass at Strasburg and they start at noon, it was worth the 18 bucks for the tour.
      Only bad news I have heard about Strasburg was today it was on the news someone set fire to one of their stored passenger cars that held their Christmas decorations causing 12k in damages.
      Even stopped at the Choo-Choo barn!

      Ken
    • Edward
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2013
        Ken, I've read that the passenger car that caught fire at Strasburg had been hit by a lightning strike from one of the many passing storms.

        A neighbor noting the strike and smoke called the fire department which quickly arrived. While the car and its contents got soaked, damage was contained. The car has been put in a shed to dry out and later, be repaired.

        Ed Bommer
        OSK/223