Re: [OSCALEMODELERS] Re: Your observations of O scale national 2013

  • Pierre Marki
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2013
      I appreciate the show managers heads up for any O scale show with contact info. This sometimes is only available it seems when it is too close to show time. Being that trips are complex to arrange at the last minute I think it would serve all O scalers if we had an area of O scale modelers forum that just had a show schedules, like a monthly bulletin. I know that O Scale Trains Magazine has a schedules area namely Events, this is helpful to those who subscribe. I am hopeful that there will be new venues to be seen on this forum. Planning early for more regional shows will help.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 4, 2013
        So, now it has been a week since the first day of the convention.
        It is a funny thing that I retrospectively find that there were so many things that I did not see being distracted with table duty and such. There is something to be said for pre show organization of needs. I generally do not impulse buy. I do in fact find that without a shopping list I forget that I really needed a few things that were missing such as parts to embellish models and odds and ends realized on the way home! What I did remember to take home was the experience of happy attendees, old friend's stories and smiles, the happiness of a buyer at the table carrying off some treasure, new friends addresses, ideas for my future layout, and above all the appreciation of all those that cared enough to be a part of a cool gathering.so, I guess it really was a success.
        Mail order is a cold experience, but now I must do some shopping, and pay for shipping! Go figure!