      From: dbenbrown@... [OSCALEMODELERS] <OSCALEMODELERS@yahoogroups.com>;
      To: <OSCALEMODELERS@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: [OSCALEMODELERS] Re: Chateau Martin Wine Car,
      Sent: Thu, Jul 10, 2014 5:28:51 PM

      George,

      It would appear that the Chateau Martin cars were all second hand obtained when the milk companies stopped using the tank cars.  Photos on Jim Lancaster's site indicate most were either ex-MDT or GPEX cars. Both of these cars have been previously well done on O Scale. Lionel's car is the MDT body. Details can be seen in plans in Bob Mohowski's Book covering O&W milk operations. The GPEX 40' body was done by Rails Unlimited in a built up resin body. Plans for that car exist in the March 1986 issue of RMC.

      Ben Brown

      http://coastdaylight.com/chatmart/cmwx_roster_1.html

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic