27702Lionel Alco S-2 Electronics For Sale/Swap

  • JGG KahnSr
    Jul 12, 2014
      Just removed all those electronics from the unit--a REALLY major undertaking (if one is trying
      to preserve them), far more so than removing the three-rail stuff from an Atlas SW.   All I plan
      on keeping is the directional lighting to the headlights and number boards.  Now I need to figure
      out the connection from them to the motor.  I know just enough about electronics to admire the
      engineering that got all of that into the hood; very tight quarters.

      The previous LIonel Alco S-2 I converted had already had the electronics stripped, so it was mostly
      a matter of getting Joe Foehrkolb to replace the wheels and wiring everything together from the trucks
      to the motor.  That one actually came as a sort of basketcase, a dummy unit with the motor and shafts
      included, so I had to figure out how Lionel had set it all up.

      Jace Kahn
      General Manager
      Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.

      Just bought one in the early LV lettering to convert to two-rail; obviously I shall not need
      all the three-rail electronics and sound stuff: Command Equipped, Electrocouplers (replaced
      with Kadees), RailSounds, TowerTalk, CrewTalk.

      Open to offers.

      Jace Kahn
      General Manager
      Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.

      ___
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic