27700Re: Car bodies out of o.100" acrylic/plexiglas/lucite?

  • moonmuln
    Jul 12, 2014
      Not for the complete model, but many years ago I used 1/8" plexiglas to build the core for an NP wood boxcar. I sheathed it with Evergreen car siding. I cut the acrylic on a table saw, and it made a nice, stable, square core, but I decided it was overkill. ----- I've used acrylic sheet, often 1/16", to replace the wood floor strip in American Standard passenger car kits, and also with the modular styrene parts once made by ICC, with good results. ------ Jack Mullen
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic