27171RE: [OSCALEMODELERS] NMRA Weights

  • GERALD DORAN
    Jan 22, 2014
      Thanks Gregg,  Since the big 70 I am getting lazy or dunb,  I should have logged on the NMRA myself.  Thanks again

      To: OSCALEMODELERS@yahoogroups.com
      From: gw92760@...
      Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 07:46:04 -0800
      Subject: Re: [OSCALEMODELERS] NMRA Weights

      This should help. From the NMRA Website:

      To find the optimum weight of a given car enter the Table below in the desired scale and find the "Initial Weight". Then find the "Additional Weight" and multiply this by the number of actual inches in the length of the particular car body. Add this weight to the "Initial Weight" for the total Optimum Weight of the car.
      SCALEINITIAL WEIGHT
      (ounces)
      +ADDITIONAL WEIGHT
      per inch of car body length