      To: OSCALEMODELERS@yahoogroups.com
      From: wkburney@...
      Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:15:55 -0600
      Subject: Re: [OSCALEMODELERS] Lionel B&O Wagontop Caboose Conversion

      I converted one of Lionels bay windows.  I used Atlas caboose trucks and they droped right in.  They have pickups I just hooked them to the Lionel wires.  Dont remember the particulars but it was easy as I recall.

      Ken Burney

      On Jan 13, 2014 4:19 PM, "JGG KahnSr" <jacekahn@...> wrote:

      Despite having several brass wagontops, when I saw one of the full-scale Lionels at a show at
      a quite reasonable price, I couldn't resist it.  While there is no issue with swapping out the wheelsets
      and installing Kadees (been doing it ever since Lionel started offering decent cars--even, with the
      help of Joe Foehrkolb, did one of their S-2's), I wonder if anyone else has converted one and kept the
      lighting (I am NOT going to keep the smoke unit--up for grabs to anyone who can use it, all offers
      considered).  Electronics, especially modern solid state stuff is my Achilles heel.
      MTH is still far easier to convert to two-rail, especially more recent offerings, but not Lionel, at least
      so far (and maybe never).

      Jace Kahn
      General Manager
      Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic